LMV places significant value on the contributions of healthcare support professionals [e.g. Physician Assistants (PA), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN)] to our healthcare activities.
Such LMV members may work on any trip (OASIS, Mexico, Latin America) as long as they are supervised by a licensed physician. The supervising licensed physician must be one of the following:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD),
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO),
- -or- “pasante”, a physician assigned to the local village.
The supervising licensed physician must be:
- physically present at the treatment facility,
- immediately available in person,
- -or- immediately available by phone.
The supervising physician may be licensed anywhere in the world, except at OASIS where they must be licensed in California.
(Policy approved at LMV corporate meeting, 9Jan2010)